Today is National Compliment your Mirror Day!
What does that mean, exactly? Well, it’s your opportunity to stare at your reflection, show appreciation for yourself, and build up your self esteem.
I know it might seem silly, but give this a try:
– Stand in front of a mirror (if you are feeling awkward, stand in front of a mirror that offers some privacy)
– Close your eyes
– Think of something that makes you happy, preferably something that is intrinsic to yourself
– Smile. Make it a good one!
– Open your eyes.
See that person glowing and grinning? That’s you! And you are awesome! Go ahead, tell yourself how great you are! It probably seems weird, but say it aloud. And with conviction! Things are always more believable when they are spoken. Not sure what to say?? How about:
– “Your eyes really sparkle!”
– “That top looks fantastic on you!”
– “I love that dimple!”
So I known this might seem corny, and usually this wouldn’t necessarily be up my alley. But it got me thinking- what a great excuse to flatter ourselves! We rarely do this, especially as our lives get busier and busier. But I think this is something we should make an effort to do more often. It’s such a mood booster and helps show those around us (especially our children) that you don’t need other people to tell you you’re great. That feeling of awesomeness can come from within and we should encourage and harness it!!!
So are you going to give your mirror a compliment today??