Our baby girl turned one month old last week. It’s hard to believe she’s been here that long already! Her first month sped by pretty quickly thanks in part to the distraction of visiting family and the needs of her two year old brother.
Things we’ve discovered about Hazel this month:
– She has found her smile. She even sometimes laughs to herself.
– Her face is very expressive and rapidly flits through a number of emotions in a short time span.
– She grunts… a lot. It’s sometimes cute, but mostly just really funny.
– She loves to watch Ian run around the room and play with his toys.
– If she’s overtired or inconsolably upset, she takes well to the swaddle and it quickly calms her; otherwise, you’d better not even say the word swaddle in her presence.
– She hates pacifiers…don’t even try it.
– She’s a champion sleeper- she will sleep through just about anything.
– She does not give up food easily- she tries her best to choke back spit up before it can make it out of her mouth.
– She’s amazing at filling a brand new diaper right after she’s been changed.
– We are all completely smitten with her.